- 1 How did ancient armies defeat horse archers?
- 2 How do you beat horse archers in Attila?
- 3 How do you counter horse archers Reddit?
- 4 Are horse archers the best?
- 5 Did the Mongols use horse archers?
- 6 When did horse archers stop being used?
- 7 How did the Romans deal with horse archers?
- 8 Why didn’t Europe use horse archers?
- 9 Who has the best horse archers in Bannerlord?
- 10 Are horse archers unbeatable?
How did ancient armies defeat horse archers?
(That’s how the ancient Persians defeated horse archers back in their own day— regiments of archers with shield-bearers standing in front of them. Their armor and shields will protect them from the Mongol archery, while they form a defensive line for your own archers to shield them from cavalry charges.
How do you beat horse archers in Attila?
ONLY READ if you are ok with changing TW forever for you:
- get in the Woods.
- stay as far away from them as possible in the beginning and if possible use slopes.
- with archers and crossbowmen use fire arrows.
- if you are far away use one unit of hidden light cavallery to suicide destroy their Onager.
How do you counter horse archers Reddit?
Slingers are the ultimate counter to horse archers.
Are horse archers the best?
They were observed to be the most effective light cavalry of their time by some who fought in the Indian Wars. Other cavalries have had archers who were also extremely effective. Ghengis Khans army, and indeed archers are depicted leading horses on vases from Greece about 500 bc. Horse archers were extremely effective!
Did the Mongols use horse archers?
The Mongol armies and others included both heavy and light horse archers. Heavy horse archers could usually outshoot their light counterparts, and because of the armour they wore, could better withstand return fire.
When did horse archers stop being used?
Worldwide, horseback archers were eventually rendered obsolete by the full development of firearms around 1500 AD, although many cavalry forces in the East did not replace the bow with the gun until shorter, more practical firearms had replaced the musket centuries later.
How did the Romans deal with horse archers?
It was mostly the Eastern Roman Empire that dealt with horse archer armies. A basic tactic to deal with them was to put infantry archers in the front lines who were more numerous than a unit of horse archers and their bows reached further.
Why didn’t Europe use horse archers?
The answer may be very, very simple: To be effective a horse archer must have used a composite bow (the Europeans only acheived similar results with the famous longbow, which is way too big and clumsy to use on a horse). And the truth about the composite bow is – it is no longer usable when wet.
Who has the best horse archers in Bannerlord?
The Khuzait Heavy Horse Archer is the best horse archer in Bannerlord, and even if the Khuzait Heavy Lancer isn’t the best heavy cavalry, once the enemy has been pelted with hundreds of arrows that’s not going to matter.
Are horse archers unbeatable?
The Mongolian horse archer is one of the most effective fighting units in the history of warfare. It’s the perfect balance of strength, mobility and logistics.