- 1 What did Tonto say to his horse?
- 2 What happened to Silver the Lone Ranger’s horse?
- 3 Did Clayton Moore and John Hart ride the same horse?
- 4 How did the Lone Ranger die?
- 5 What did the Lone Ranger yell?
- 6 Did the Lone Ranger kill anyone?
- 7 Is The Lone Ranger a true story?
- 8 Who trained Silver in the Lone Ranger?
- 9 Does Kemosabe mean wrong brother?
- 10 How much did Jay Silverheels make per episode?
- 11 What two actors played the Lone Ranger?
- 12 Who was that masked man?
- 13 Why does Lone Ranger wear a mask?
- 14 Why did John Hart leave the Lone Ranger?
- 15 Who invented the Lone Ranger?
What did Tonto say to his horse?
Tonto’s horse was called Scout. When the Lone Ranger shouted ” Hi-ho, Silver-away! ” Tonto would mumble “Get-um up, Scout”.
What happened to Silver the Lone Ranger’s horse?
History. The accepted story of Silver’s origin has the white horse living in Wild Horse Canyon. Sometime after the ambush at Bryant’s Gap, the Lone Ranger and Tonto are in pursuit of Butch Cavendish when they are fired upon by Cavendish himself, and though he missed the Ranger, he shot and killed his horse.
Did Clayton Moore and John Hart ride the same horse?
When the television series The Lone Ranger (1949) aired there were several different white horses. During the period when Clayton Moore was replaced by John Hart, another horse was brought in to play Silver. This white horse named ” Tarzen’s White Banner” renamed “Hi-Yo Silver” by its new owner George W.
How did the Lone Ranger die?
He was 85. Moore died of a heart attack at West Hills Regional Medical Center in the San Fernando Valley, according to his publicist, Katy Sweet Public Relations. “I always wanted to be a policeman or a cowboy, and I got to do both,” Moore wrote in his 1996 autobiography, “I Was That Masked Man.”
What did the Lone Ranger yell?
* Whenever the Lone Ranger mounts his horse, Silver, he shouts the oft-imitated epithet “Hi Ho, Silver” (sometimes “Hi-yo, Silver”). He acquired Silver after saving the horse’s life from an enraged buffalo; his original steed had a less dynamic name – Dusty.
Did the Lone Ranger kill anyone?
The Lone Ranger never shoots to kill. When he has to use guns, The Lone Ranger never shoots to kill, but rather only to disarm his opponent as painlessly as possible.
Is The Lone Ranger a true story?
The Lone Ranger is a fictional masked former Texas Ranger who fought outlaws in the American Old West with his Native American friend, Tonto. The character has been called an enduring icon of American culture.
Who trained Silver in the Lone Ranger?
Silver#2 was trained by the well known trainer and handler, Glenn Randall, who also trained Roy Roger’s horse, Trigger. Glenn also stabled the horse during the filming season. Silver#2 was the opposite of #1 in temperment being high strung as well as being a stallion and some had trouble riding him.
Does Kemosabe mean wrong brother?
In the 2013 film The Lone Ranger, Tonto states that it means “wrong brother” in Comanche, a seemingly tongue-in-cheek translation within the context of the plot.
How much did Jay Silverheels make per episode?
JAY SILVERHEELS NET WORTH. HOW MUCH DID JAY SILVERHEELS EARN AS TONTO IN THE LONE RANGER? HOW MUCH DID JAY SILVERHEELS EARN IN THE LONE RANGER? The Lone Ranger was originally produced at a low budget for $12,500 per episode.
What two actors played the Lone Ranger?
- Clayton Moore as The Lone Ranger (169 episodes; 1949–1951, 1954–1957)
- John Hart as The Lone Ranger (52 episodes; 1952–1953)
- Jay Silverheels as Tonto (217 episodes; 1949–1957)
- Chuck Courtney as Dan Reid (Lone Ranger’s nephew) (14 episodes; 1950–1955)
Who was that masked man?
Wearing that mask, Clayton Moore became one of the most recognizable characters on the planet. Until the end of his life, he wore it with honor. If he were alive today, I bet he’d be wearing not one but two masks — both designed to save lives and help others.
Why does Lone Ranger wear a mask?
The Lone Ranger (formerly known as John Reid) is a one-time Texas Ranger, the sole survivor of a group of Rangers killed in ambush. He wears a mask to conceal his identity as he travels throughout the West fighting for law and order.
Why did John Hart leave the Lone Ranger?
Moore played the Ranger on TV from 1949 to 1951, when he was replaced by John Hart, allegedly due to a contract dispute with the producers. Although the TV show and movies had run their course, that didn’t mean Moore was done with his iconic cowboy persona.
Who invented the Lone Ranger?
The character was created in the Lone Ranger radio program by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker. First aired on radio station WXYZ in Detroit, Michigan, in 1933, the radio program was carried by more than 400 American stations by the end of the decade.